“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill,
to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.”
Christmas is a spiritual time.
It gives a good focus for us to reconnect with our spiritual life.
The New Year is a more suitable time for more physical activity.
Good Feng Shui during the festive season means eating less at Christmas, but make sure that you have a full fridge for the new year.
Full fridge is an intense symbol for your possible wealth for the new year.
Here are 9 tips for Christmas according to the law of Feng Shui:
1. Be creative when you are choosing gifts. Make sure the gifts you give will be useful to anyone who receives.
2. Avoid overabundance. I suggest you do space and clutter clearing before Christmas. After space and clutter clearing you will have more space to welcome in friends, family and opportunities in the New Year.
3. Give presents with attitude. Giving with love is more important than the present itself. Positive intention and honesty make the presents more valuable.
4. Spread love around the world. Think of your family, friends and those who need love and care.
5. Bring real plant energy into your home. Do not buy plastic or cut-out Christmas tree. Buy living plants to bring living energy into your home. The ideal plant for the season is the poinsettia but anything green will increase your energy.
6. Fill your home with light. During the winter time we do not see much daylight. If you have a fireplace in your home, light it and keep your rooms well lit with candles as well to help energise family and friends.
7. Bring more warmth into your home by using red colour more. Choose red pillows, table clothes for decoration.
8. Keep up harmonious attitude at family gatherings by sitting at a round table. If you do not have a round table then add some round items, for example dishes and table decorations.
9. Start the New Year with a clean slate. Pay off your debts, settle any outstanding disputes and create a clear pathway for good fortune to find its way to you in the year ahead.
May you find inner stillness and peace within you this Christmas time.
Changes we wish in our world will occur if each one of us will change ourselves.